John Sallaway, Senior Associate
John Sallaway is a business transactions attorney who has been advising individuals and organizations on their day-to-day legal issues since 2006. As a former executive, John learned the legal process from the perspective of a client and grew to appreciate the value of efficient, straightforward legal strategies to achieve business objectives. As an attorney, John uses that experience to help his clients develop those strategies. These skills help clients stay ahead of critical issues and focus on what they do best—running their businesses.
Areas of Practice
• Entity Formation and Structuring
• Corporate Governance
• Commercial Leasing
• Real Estate Transactions
• Commercial Contract Drafting, Review & Negotiation
• Employment Agreements
• Non-Compete Agreements
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Asset and Stock Purchase Agreements
• Corporate Bylaws, LLC Agreements & Partnership Agreements
• Corporate Resolutions
• Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
• Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 2006)
• University of Texas at Dallas (B.A. in Government and Politics, 2002)
Bar Admissions & Certifications
• Texas, 2006
• Oklahoma, 2014
Representative Cases & Matters
• Regularly represent clients in general corporate matters, including asset and equity purchase agreements, ancillary agreements, corporate governance matters, commercial contracts and real estate matters.
• Regularly represent clients in leasing, disposition and acquisition of all types of real estate.
• Led startup company through fundraising of over $3.5 million in venture capital.
• Member of legal team that served as legal counsel to North American data center in formulating and executing growth initiatives to develop up to $3 billion in new data center campuses.
• Lead member of due diligence team in various transactions, including $200 million take private acquisition of a credit services organization and $32 million acquisition of an aerospace manufacturer.
Hobbies and Interests
John resides in Prosper, Texas, with his wife and four children. He spends much of his free time supporting his children in their activities. John is also deeply active in serving in non-profit leadership roles for a number of religious and charitable organizations.