Lewis L. Isaacks, Of Counsel
Lewis lsaacks joined Saunders, Walsh & Beard in 2018, bringing his 38 years of extensive experience in civil litigation matters. His practice includes eminent domain, condemnation proceedings, local government (municipalities, appraisal districts, water districts), as well as commercial and business litigation. Mr. Isaacks has also served as a qualified mediator since 1990.
Areas of Practice
- Eminent Domain
- Ad Valorem Tax Litigation
- Real Estate Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- General Counsel
- Eminent Domain & Real Estate Matters
- Commercial & Business Cases
- Real Estate
- Eminent Domain
- Zoning & Governmental Disputes
Education & Qualifications
- Angelo State University, B.A. 1977
- Texas Tech University, J.D. 1980
- Board Certified®, Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1994.
- Qualified Attorney-Mediator, 1990
- Inducted, The Society of Outstanding Lawyers of America, 2003.
- Named in: Texas Super Lawyers®, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2014-17.
- Member: Collin County Bar Association (Director, and Officer 1991-1994)
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Past member of Collin County Community College District Foundation Board
- Past member and President of McKinney ISD Board
Hobbies & Interests
Lewis enjoys spending his spare time with his wife of 43 years, Paula, their grandchildren and children, spending time at their ranch, travelling, and enjoys time in the outdoors.
Representative Published Cases
- N. Tex. Mun. Water Dist. v. Ball, 466 S.W.3d 314 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2015)
- Cate v. Woods, 299 S.W.3d 149 (Tex. App.—Texarkana 2009)
- City of The Colony v. N. Tex. Mun. Water Dist., 272 S.W.3d 699 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2008)
- Panther Creek Ventures, Ltd. v. Collin Cent. Appraisal Dist., 234 S.W.3d 809 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2007)
- Melton v. Collin Cty. Cent. Appraisal Dist., No. 05-03-01737-CV, 2004 Tex. App. LEXIS 11338 (App.—Dallas Dec. 16, 2004)
- Guthrie v. Buckley, 246 F. Supp. 2d 589 (E.D. Tex. 2003)
- Crosstex DC Gathering Co., J.V. v. Button, No. 02-11-00067-CV, 2013 Tex. App. LEXIS 683 (App.—Fort Worth Jan. 24, 2013)
- In re Transcon. Realty Inv’rs, 271 S.W.3d 270 (Tex. 2008)