Mark A. Walsh, Partner
Mark A. Walsh is a business litigation attorney in McKinney, TX, who has litigated hundreds of construction and business disputes throughout the State of Texas since 1997. He has extensive experience and has counseled clients in all manner of construction and business disputes, commercial contract drafting and litigation, public procurement law, partner/shareholder dispute litigation, and governmental entity representation.
Civil Trial Law
Business Litigation and Commercial Law
- Commercial litigation
- Real estate disputes
- Partnership and shareholder litigation
- Non-payment or underpayment of commissions and/or profits
- Contract drafting and review
- Business Organizations / Formations / Strategy
- Outside general counsel to business, governmental, and real estate clients
- Construction defect litigation
- Construction contract payments litigation
- Performance bond claims
- Bidding questions and disputes
- Construction contract drafting and review
- Inter-local agreement drafting and review
- Eminent domain
- Government counsel
- Securing insurance coverage for claims
- Litigation and arbitration of construction disputes
- Mechanics Liens
- Bond claims
- Construction defect litigations
- Change order / Work scope / Delay damages disputes
- Personal injury defense in construction accidents
- Defending and prosecuting lien and bond claims
Construction and commercial litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Construction design disputes
- Contract payment disputes / Prosecuting and defending lien and bond claims
- Governmental contracting disputes / Bid protests
Education and Licenses
1994 – Baylor University (B.A.Business Administration)
1997 – Baylor University School of Law (Juris Doctorate)
1997 – State Bar of Texas (Licensed in All Texas State and Federal Courts)
AV® Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Peer and client ratings at the highest level of professional excellence
Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Lead counsel for commercial building owner – successfully obtained multi-million dollar settlement sufficient to remedy defective headquarters building.
- Lead counsel for school district in ongoing dispute over defects in $60M stadium.
- Lead counsel for plaintiff industrial plant operator – successfully obtained settlement sufficient to remedy defects in $5M project.
- Represented homeowner and took judgment against remodeling contractor for defective work, then forced a sale of his beach house to make client fully whole.
- Obtained $5.6M jury verdict for unpaid sales commissions based upon oral contract.
- Serve daily as outside general counsel to dozens of businesses, institutional owners, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, handling day-to-day questions, contracts, disputes, corporate organizations, reorganizations and related filings.
- Won $317,928 summary judgement (100% of claim) on federal Miller Act claim against payment bond surety for a large multinational corporation.
Hobbies and Interests
A devoted husband and father of two boys, Mark devotes his off-duty time primarily to coaching and watching junior athletics in and around the Frisco and greater DFW area. At last count, Mark has coached more than 14 seasons of various baseball, basketball, and soccer teams in the Frisco area.