An out-of-date corporate book can cause unexpected legal problems!
It is important to keep your entity’s books up-to-date and to ensure compliance with the Texas Secretary of State’s Office and the Texas Comptroller’s Office. Here are some common issues in need of updates:
- Did your entity hold its required annual meeting and transcribe the minutes of that meeting?
- Did your entity’s governing persons change during 2014-15?
- Did ownership of the entity change during 2014-15?
- Did your entity start transacting business in another state?
- Did your entity start transacting business under a “DBA” or assumed name?
- Did the registered agent information for your entity change?
- Have additional shares or membership interests been issued?
- Does your entity’s Company Agreement, Partnership Agreement, or Bylaws need to be updated to reflect changes or agreements between shareholders / partners / members?
- Did you decide to terminate or wind up your entity?
- If your entity experienced involuntary tax forfeiture, has your entity applied for reinstatement?
Other issues we assist clients with frequently are: lease renewals, real estate purchases, borrower financing representation, contract reviews, and collections.
Most of these updates take little time and can done very affordably. Call anytime at (214) 919-3555.
Saunders, Walsh & Beard is a business and litigation law firm in McKinney, Texas. Formed in 2012, today SWB has more than 16 attorneys. The firm assists individuals and businesses with commercial, business and tort litigation, construction law, corporate and partnership formation and expansion, employment law, insurance disputes, judgment collection, personal jurisdiction, and real estate. We believe the client’s “experience” is of paramount importance. Explore our practice areas and see why the attorneys of Saunders, Walsh & Beard are ranked by their clients and peers as among the best in their fields.